Sunday, December 16, 2012



unconscious -v- consciousness


speech is shrinking
individuals are quiet
they know their place
inside a bottle
zonked against a wall of 21 year-olds
entering heaven at 90 degrees
powered by technology
high speed, ecstasy, super highway, nerd brigade
folding dollars at the ATM
bank clerks desperate for a pee
clinging to our processes
advancing to the end of our lives
we're pushed along by corporatism
lack of time, free time, no time
victims of disquiet
the submissive condition
disequilibrium
at the marketplace of
self-loathing

I speak from a woman's point of view
tonight I languish in memory
reason, imagination
I'm worshipping words
looking for legitimacy, intimacy with you, dear reader
I'll show you my breasts as they rise and fall
between each Adam's rib
I'll spray your nightmare with my passion
rough and tumble you with crude self-interest
biologically implied
and all the while, stagnating in new worlds
of global Luddites, roof lines, tilt slab walls
I look back through passageways of crushed flowers
love sonnets and angry men
guide a tear over diminished rock and riverbed
ask in ten years what I did for you
in the field of this poem
did I move you beyond the centre of left and right
did I talk to you, dear reader, like death
a human solider severed at the head
or did I give you a hint of passion
a langue of female voice
blonde hair
blue eyes
do you know outside this poem
I look good in red




0 comments:

Bounty

Bounty
Prose Poetry

The Five Lives of Ms Bennett

The Five Lives of Ms Bennett
A Family Saga

The Ozone Cafe

The Ozone Cafe
White Collar Crime

The Last Asbestos Town

The Last Asbestos Town
Available from Amazon

Evangelyne

Evangelyne
Published by Australian Poetry Centre, Melbourne

of Arc & Shadow

of Arc & Shadow
Published by Sunline Press, WA

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Flickr Images

MBA (Wrtg) ECowan

My Photo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Helen Hagemann holds an MA in Writing from Edith Cowan University, has three poetry books: Evangelyne & Other Poems published by Australian Poetry, Melbourne (2009) and of Arc & Shadow published by Sunline Press, Perth (2013). Bounty: prose poetry is published by Oz.one Publishing in 2024. She has three novels published The Last Asbestos Town (2020), The Ozone Café (2021) and The Five Lives of Ms Bennett a result of her Masters degree at ECU (2006), is published by Oz.one Publishing (2023).

Helen Hagemann MBA (Wrtg): ECowan

Helen Hagemann MBA (Wrtg): ECowan
Author & Poet

INSTAGRAM

Popular Posts