Saturday, July 10, 2021

 

While I'm on the other side of the country (I wish I could march), I am very supportive of women who have come forward with reports of sexual assault, violence, rape, and harassment in the workplace. It appears that we all need to band together FOR MUTUAL SUPPORT. I am a writer and will continue to speak my piece here on this blog. It may go unnoticed, but at least I am a small voice in the dark saying, too!  "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

Two main things have caught my attention recently and that is the Honourable Kate Sullivan - inspired by Brittany Higgins, one of Australian parliament's longest-serving women has come forward with sexual assault allegations for her time spent in the Old Parliament House. She was a Liberal parliamentarian for 27 or so years, serving through the Whitlam, Fraser, Hawke, Keating and Howard.governments.

Totally inspired most recently that Kate has been included in the ABC's July 2021 documentary with Annabel Crabb.titled "MS REPRESENTED". I did look for review sites to add my comments, but alas none were forthcoming, not unless I joined a myriad of websites like MMB Ltd, but who has the time to join etc. etc.? 

SARAH HANSON YOUNG 
did us women proud on MS REPRESENTED. There she was in Parliament naming the politicians who harass, invade privacy and who are drunk in Parliament, pointing the finger at their irreprehensible behaviour including Cory Bernardi.  I am so proud to call myself a Greens voter and very proud of that young woman who stood her ground and told it like it should be told. Firm, tough, strong, eloquent, calling them LESS THAN MEN. I stood up in my lounge room and clapped continually, then rewound (on iview catch-up) and watched her performance several times. So proud and heartwarming to see her actions in this  #METOO - TOXIC ENVIRONMENT a Greens Senator who can give those dudes some necessary scthick.

JULIA GILLARD, KATE SULLIVAN, BRONWYN BISHOP, ROS KELLY, PENNY WONG, LINDA BURNEY, ANNE ALY, NATASHA STOTT DESPOJA, AMANDA VANSTONE, MARGARET REYNOLDS, JUDITH TROETH, AND JULIE BISHOP - You were all fantastic.

Read The Big Hush my previous post on Brittany Higgins & Dorothy Hewett (1923 – 2002) 

Acknowledgements: to the ABC (good program),BBC and the Guardian, thanks guys!

0 comments:

Bounty

Bounty
Prose Poetry

The Five Lives of Ms Bennett

The Five Lives of Ms Bennett
A Family Saga

The Ozone Cafe

The Ozone Cafe
White Collar Crime

The Last Asbestos Town

The Last Asbestos Town
Available from Amazon

Evangelyne

Evangelyne
Published by Australian Poetry Centre, Melbourne

of Arc & Shadow

of Arc & Shadow
Published by Sunline Press, WA

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Flickr Images

MBA (Wrtg) ECowan

My Photo
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Helen Hagemann holds an MA in Writing from Edith Cowan University, has three poetry books: Evangelyne & Other Poems published by Australian Poetry, Melbourne (2009) and of Arc & Shadow published by Sunline Press, Perth (2013). Bounty: prose poetry is published by Oz.one Publishing in 2024. She has three novels published The Last Asbestos Town (2020), The Ozone Café (2021) and The Five Lives of Ms Bennett a result of her Masters degree at ECU (2006), is published by Oz.one Publishing (2023).

Helen Hagemann MBA (Wrtg): ECowan

Helen Hagemann MBA (Wrtg): ECowan
Author & Poet

INSTAGRAM

Popular Posts